Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Model of the Year- Mind & Beauty

Lamania Boutique promotes talented and beautiful models across Canada. Every year we'll choose  the special fashion personality that we had a pleasure to work with. Our choice of the year 2014 is Nikolina Granic.

As she rings in the new year, Lamania’s Model Of The Year, Nikolina Granic, has an amazing 2015 to look forward to. All of her wildest dreams and aspirations seem to be coming alive in front of her eyes as she prepares for one of the biggest moves of her modelling career, and life. The long legged beauty will be on her way to Milan in early January to focus on her career and her studies. Much more than just a pretty face, Granic is a whiz at math and is a business mastermind. When she’s not strutting down the runway she’s working hard in school working on her Bachelor Of Commerce, specializing in marketing management, economics, and of course, fashion.

At only 20 years old, being a jack-of-all-trades purposes many life choices for Granic as she begins to build a career for herself. “I’m good at math and marketing, but I also have a love for blogging. I could even see myself potentially being a designer,” says Granic of her many interests and talents. It is obvious that Granic works hard to be successful. Her inspiration for hard work and dedication to what she loves comes from one of her biggest inspirations, Naomi Campbell. “I admire her for her strength and personality. She is the 21st century power woman,” says Granic.




As she prepares for Milan, her modeling goals and aspirations are at the forefront of her mind. “I want to pursue runway, that’s why we’re going to Italy,” says Granic. “I’m excited to open up some networking and build my book.” A big push to go international came from her beloved agent and jewelry designer, Mario Velocci. “He really focuses on the models and their goals rather than his own. He’s helped me explore different sectors of modeling,” she says of Velocci.  According to her agent, she’s got just the look and the spunk that Italy is looking for. “Toronto was a great place to get a start in modeling, but the fashion industry here is lacking. Im excited to explore what Milan has to offer.”



An obvious touchy subject in modeling is always the stuff that goes on behind the scenes in regards to body image and intense industry standards, but Granic seems to have it all figured out. As a intelligent business student, Granic has got a great head on her shoulders and is not afraid of being pushed around by the industry. “As a model and business student, I am my own product and my own brand. I’m driven by my passion for modeling and not by the negative standards of the industry. No one should ever put themselves in harms way for something they’re passionate about.” Her hope for the future of the industry is that models are seen with more positivity and not so much criticism.

As far as 2015 fashion trends, Granic is already looking forward to seeing what looks hit the runway. “I want to see a take on contemporary minimalism, but to an extreme. More leathers, pastels and grunge.” One of her favourite eras for fashion being the 80’s, she wants to see the looks take it one step further with the bold prints and chunky heels. Looking back on 2015, Granic says she was most impressed by Alexander Wang. “I love the sport looks. Who says you can't be athletic and stylish?”





Looking ahead to the future of her career, we may see the runway queen takeover Europe. “In one year from now I see myself in London or Paris. Maybe even Asia! Those are the three main markets I see my face trending in. No matter what, I’ll definitely be travelling,” says Granic. One thing is for sure, she will be sure to shine wherever she goes.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2014 Model of The Year, Nikolina Granic!

http://modelnikolinagranic.wordpress.com




Happy New Year and best wishes Nikolina!

Meghan Wels
Photographer: Natasha Reddy
Lamania Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment